Lake Shelby Park & Campground
1433 Burks Branch Road
Shelbyville, KY, United States
Programs / Amenities / Events / Activities
RESERVE A CAMPSITE!
ONLINE RESERVATIONS: (via Reserve America). CLICK HERE
CONTACT FOR INFORMATION:
WAYS TO CONTACT: (Call, E-Mail or Text!)
- CALL: 502-633-5069.
- E-MAIL: lakeshelbyKY@gmail.com.
- TEXT: 502-633-5069 (standard data rates apply.)
- We’ll be glad to assist you!
Lake Shelby Park and Campground Informational Links:
- Lake Shelby General Information: CLICK HERE
- Lake Shelby Campground Rules, Regulations, and Cancellation / Refund Policy: CLICK HERE
- Lake Shelby RV & TENT Fee Schedule: CLICK HERE
- Lake Shelby Map: CLICK HERE
- Reserve A Site
- Campground Long Term Stays (30 days MAX – only available during non-peak season of November 16 – March 14): Download and fill out Lake Shelby LONG TERM Campground Facility Application and send to email@example.com. Or fill out application online here and submit. All stays longer than 14 days must be approved by management. No exceptions. WE DO NOT OFFER YEARLY OPTIONS.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: All RV & Tent Sites 6-12 MUST be reserved online.
About Lake Shelby Park & Campground
Lake Shelby was built in 1949, and is located within the city limits of Shelbyville, Kentucky. It is owned by the City of Shelbyville and operated by Shelbyville/Shelby Co. Parks and Recreation and Kentucky Dept of Fish and Wildlife. The original lake was never dug out. When the dam was built, trees were cut along a low lying field area which was then flooded to form Lake Shelby. It was used by Kentucky Utilities as the water reservoir for the city and was also a private fish and game club. In the early 1960’s, Guist Creek Lake was built nearby and became the new reservoir for the city. In 1970 the Shelbyville – Shelby County Park and Recreation Board was formed, and the city turned Lake Shelby over to the parks department to operate.
Lake Shelby offers 20 acres of water stocked with bluegill, crappie, bass, catfish, and more! A 10 site RV campground is available for guest as well as 15 tent sites and primitive sites along the lake front. The park is great for canoeing / kayaking, fishing, and bird watching, bald eagles are frequently spotted.
More Information about Lake Shelby Park & Campground
RV and Tent Camping:
$30 per night: RV Site 1 (includes sewer, electric & water)
$25 per night: RV Sites 2-10 (electric and water only, no sewer)
$20 per night: Tents and Primitive (no water or electric)
LONG TERM CAMPING: Is available on a limited basis. Please call or text 502-633-5069 or email lakeshelbyKY@gmail.com for information. A complete application (found above) must be completed to be considered. Long term camping is available for a period of 30 days only during November 16th – March 14th. The park department does not permit yearly camping, no exceptions.
CANCELLATION POLICY: (Effective July 1, 2018)
- If a reservation is cancelled 8 or more days prior to arrival, a flat $13.50 cancellation & reservation fee will be charged (per reservation that is cancelled.)
- If a reservation is cancelled between 1 and 7 days prior to arrival, the first night’s rental fee plus $13.50 cancellation and reservation fee will be charged. (per reservation that is cancelled.)
- If a reservation is cancelled on or after the day of arrival, the customer will forfeit their entire rental fee.
- Daily Fee: (valid from dawn to dusk)
- Motorized Boats: $4 per boat per vehicle
- Non-Motorized Boats: $2 per vehicle
- Annual Pass: (valid for one year from date of purchase.)
- Motorized Boats: $40 per boat
- Non-motorized Boats: $20 per vehicle
$10 per hour
Shelters / Pavilions Available to Rent: