Lake Shelby Park & Campground
1433 Burks Branch Road
Shelbyville, KY, United States
Programs / Amenities / Events / Activities
RESERVE A CAMPSITE!
ONLINE RESERVATIONS: (via Reserve America). CLICK HERE
CONTACT FOR INFORMATION:
WAYS TO CONTACT: (Call, E-Mail or Text!)
- CALL: 502-633-5069.
- E-MAIL: lakeshelbyKY@gmail.com.
- TEXT: 502-633-5069 (standard data rates apply.)
- We’ll be glad to assist you!
Lake Shelby Park and Campground Informational Links:
- Lake Shelby General Information: CLICK HERE
- Lake Shelby Campground Rules, Regulations, and Cancellation / Refund Policy: CLICK HERE
- Lake Shelby RV & TENT Fee Schedule: CLICK HERE
- Lake Shelby Map: CLICK HERE
- Reserve A Site
- Campground Long Term Stays (30 days of more): Download and fill out Lake Shelby LONG TERM Campground Facility Application and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or fill out application online here and submit. All stays longer than 14 days must be approved by management. No exceptions.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Campground fees increased August 2018. All RV & Tent Sites 1-12 MUST be reserved online.
About Lake Shelby Park & Campground
Lake Shelby was built in 1949, and is located within the city limits of Shelbyville, Kentucky. It is owned by the City of Shelbyville and operated by Shelbyville/Shelby Co. Parks and Recreation and Kentucky Dept of Fish and Wildlife. The original lake was never dug out. When the dam was built, trees were cut along a low lying field area which was then flooded to form Lake Shelby. It was used by Kentucky Utilities as the water reservoir for the city and was also a private fish and game club. In the early 1960’s, Guist Creek Lake was built nearby and became the new reservoir for the city. In 1970 the Shelbyville – Shelby County Park and Recreation Board was formed, and the city turned Lake Shelby over to the parks department to operate.
Lake Shelby offers 20 acres of water stocked with bluegill, crappie, bass, catfish, and more! A 10 site RV campground is available for guest as well as 20 tent sites and primitive sites along the lake front. The park is great for canoeing / kayaking, fishing, and bird watching, a bald eagle was actually spotted recently at Lake Shelby. The lake is used by Clear Creek Camps (C3 Camps), Shelbyville/Shelby Co. Parks newly re-organized children’s day camps, for their summer camp and every 3rd Friday of the month from May – September Lake Shelby host a fish fry open to all the public including cod fish, cole slaw, hush puppies, potato wedges and ice cream! Lake Shelby offers a little bit of everything with canoes, paddle boats, and row boats available for rent offer recreation for all ages and RV/tent camping is available as well as shelters for rent.