Athletics Registration and Information
Shelbyville / Shelby County Parks and Recreation Athletics!
Youth and Adult Sports!
Thank you for your interest in registering for athletic programs at Shelbyville / Shelby County Parks! We provide a fun, safe and family friendly competitive learning experience for our players, coaches and families. Encouraging community involvement, promoting good sportsmanship and instilling a sense of pride of the park system. We have many different sports for your children and we have sports for adults too including:
- Youth Little League Baseball
- Softball (Adult and Youth)
- Basketball (Adult and Youth)
- Youth Football
- Youth Soccer
- Futsal (Indoor Youth Soccer)
- Volleyball (Adult and Youth)Foot
Current Youth & Adult Sports Open
Adult Coed Volleyball sign-ups begin on September 1, 2023. Games are tentatively scheduled to begin on October 17, 2023. The fee is $300. You must have a team to sign-up but individuals are welcome to call 633-5059, ask for Athletics and give us your contact information for teams that may need players. Deadline is October 12, 2023.
Girls Volleyball sign-ups begin on September 1, 2023. Elementary age group is from 3rd grade or 9 years old through 5th grade. Middle School age group is 6th-8th grade. High School is 9th-12th grade. The fee for all the age groups is $95.40, which includes a jersey, 8 games and a tournament. Games are tentatively scheduled to begin the week of December 4th. Practices will either be on Wednesday evenings or Saturday’s between 9:00am and 1:00pm. Games could be on Monday’s or Thursday depending on the size of the league. Deadline is October 23, 2023.
Sign-ups for Futsal begin on September 1, 2023. The ages are between 5 and 13, cannot turn 13 during the season. The fee is $95.40 which includes a jersey, 8 games and a tournament. Practices are on Friday nights and Sundays after 2:00pm. Games are on Saturday after 1:00pm. The deadline is October 30, 2023.
Youth Basketball sign-ups begin September 1, 2023. The leagues are as follows: PreK-K, practices and games will be held on the same day with 20 minutes of practice then the game with 8 minute quarters. The fee is $63.60 which includes a jersey, 8 games and an award. 1st-2nd grade, 3rd-4th grade, 5th-6th grade, 7th-9th grade, this age group plays games on Saturdays. The fee is $95.40 which includes a jersey, 8 games and a tournament. We are offering a High School league this season, 10th-12th grade. The fee will be $95.40 which includes a jersey, 8 games and a tournament. Games will be played on Sunday nights in the FAC gym. High School online registration will not be offered for this league so you will have to come to the FAC or call 633-5059 and ask for Athletics for additional ways to register. The deadline is October 30, 2023.
We are always looking for Coaches for all of our sports leagues. Coaches do not pay a fee for their child to play and pick their own practice day and time.
WE DO NOT ISSUE REFUNDS UNLESS THERE IS A MEDICAL REASON OR THE PLAYER IS MOVING OUT OF THE COUNTY.
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT WE DO NOT GUARANTEE REQUESTS
Other ways to register below…
Sport Registration Timeline:
Spring / Summer Sports:
- Youth Baseball and Softball: Registration information released in January/February each year.
- T-Ball: Registration information released February/March each year.
- Youth Soccer: Registration Information released in January/February each year.
- Youth Volleyball: Registration Information released in February/March each year.
Fall / Winter Sports:
- Youth Soccer: Registration Information release in July/August each year.
- Youth Basketball: Registration Information released in September each year.
- Youth Football: Registration Information released in May/June each year.
- Youth Volleyball: Registration Information released in September/October each year.
- Youth Futsal (Indoor Soccer): Registration Information released in September/October each year.
ADDITIONAL WAYS TO REGISTER:
1) You can download and print a sports registration form, fill out and mail, e-mail, fax in or bring to us in person with payment.
YOUTH SPORTS REGISTRATION APPLICATION 2023
2) Please choose from the sports below to register through Pay Pal.
3) You can visit the FAC at 717 Burks Branch Road, Shelbyville, KY, pick up an application and turn in to the front desk at the FAC with payment.
4) You can call us at 502-633-5059 or e-mail email@example.com, and we will mail, fax or e-mail you an application.
NOTE: If registration is received after deadline date, a late fee could be charged as additional costs are associated with last minute season prep including uniforms, admin costs, etc. Refunds are given on a case by case situation and are not guaranteed.
If you need assistance and/or choose to download an application, you can contact and mail, drop off, e-mail or fax application to:
Attn: Geralyn Groves, Athletic Director
717 Burks Branch Road
Shelbyville, KY 40065
Interested in partnering with the park to support your business and
Shelby County youth? FIND OUT HOW HERE!
Interested in advertising your business at the park? FIND OUT HOW HERE!
SIGN UP FOR TEXT ALERTS! CLICK HERE! Stay up to date with game cancellations, postponements, schedule changes, and athletic department updates.
To see individual sport schedules, please CLICK HERE.