Athletics Registration and Information
Shelbyville / Shelby County Parks and Recreation Athletics!
Youth and Adult Sports!
Thank you for your interest in registering for athletic programs at Shelbyville / Shelby County Parks! We provide a fun, safe and family friendly competitive learning experience for our players, coaches and families. Encouraging community involvement, promoting good sportsmanship and instilling a sense of pride of the park system. We have many different sports for your children and we have sports for adults too including:
- Youth Little League Baseball
- Softball (Adult and Youth)
- Basketball (Adult and Youth)
- Youth Football
- Youth Soccer
- Futsal (Indoor Youth Soccer)
- Volleyball (Adult and Youth)
- Spring Kickball (Adult and Youth)
Current Youth & Adult Sports Open Registration:.
LYFL Football Sign-ups will begin on April1, 2021. The fee is $130 which includes, jersey, game pants use of shoulder pads, helmet, 8 games and a tournament. Games will be played in Shelbyville and other locations in and around Louisville. The deadline is July 5th. Age groups are as follows:
Mighty Mites 5-7 cannot turn 8 before May 1st
Pee Wee 8-9 cannot turn 10 before May 1st
Juniors 10-11 cannot turn 12 before May 1st
The LYFL requires a specific sign-up form that can be found at the FAC in the lobby.
Fall Soccer sign-ups will begin July 1st. Deadline will be Monday, August 2nd. Age groups are as follows:
Pee Wee 4-6 years old, (cannot turn 7 during the season). U8 6-8 years old, (cannot turn 9 during the season). U10 9-10 years old (cannot turn 11 during the season). U13 11-13 years old, (cannot turn 14 during the season). The fee is $60 for the Pee Wee League all other age groups are $90 which includes jersey, shorts, socks and 8 games. The Pee Wee division will receive participation trophies or medallions. All other age groups will have a tournament with trophies being given for first and second place. Practices will begin in mid August.
Fall Baseball sign-ups will begin July 1st. Deadline will be Monday August 9th. Age groups are as follows:
5-8 years old Instructional (Coach Pitch), 5 year old’s must have a birthday qualifying them to play Instructional in the Spring League. 8-10 years old Minor League (Kid Pitch). 10-13 years old (Intermediate). The fee is $90 which includes 8-10 games, jersey and hat. We suggest if your child will be playing up a league in the Spring that you sign him/her up for Fall baseball as it prepares them for the upcoming Spring League which is sanctioned by Little League. If you have age questions please feel free to call 633-5059 and ask for Athletics.
Sign-ups for Fall/Winter Basketball, Girls Volleyball and Futsal will begin in Mid-September. Information on these leagues will be posted closer to the sign-up date.
The FAC is currently closed on Sunday’s but online registration through Pay Pal is available.
Other ways to register below…
Sport Registration Timeline:
Spring / Summer Sports:
- Youth Baseball and Softball: Registration information released in January/February each year.
- T-Ball: Registration information released February/March each year.
- Youth Soccer: Registration Information released in January/February each year.
- Youth Volleyball: Registration Information released in February/March each year.
Fall / Winter Sports:
- Youth Soccer: Registration Information release in July/August each year.
- Youth Basketball: Registration Information released in September each year.
- Youth Football: Registration Information released in May/June each year.
- Youth Volleyball: Registration Information released in September/October each year.
- Youth Futsal (Indoor Soccer): Registration Information released in September/October each year.
ADDITIONAL WAYS TO REGISTER:
1) You can download and print a Youth Sports Application, fill out and mail, e-mail, fax in or bring to us in person with payment.
2) Fill the Youth Sports Application out and submit online.
3) You can visit the FAC at 717 Burks Branch Road, Shelbyville, KY, pick up an application and turn in to the front desk at the FAC with payment.
4) You can call us at 502-633-5059 or e-mail email@example.com, and we will mail, fax or e-mail you an application.
NOTE: If registration is received after deadline date, a late fee could be charged as additional costs are associated with last minute season prep including uniforms, admin costs, etc. Refunds full and partial will not be guaranteed after registration is submitted.
If you need assistance and/or choose to download an application, you can contact and mail, drop off, e-mail or fax application to:
Attn: Geralyn Groves, Athletics Secretary
717 Burks Branch Road
Shelbyville, KY 40065
Interested in partnering with the park to support your business and
Shelby County youth? FIND OUT HOW HERE!
Interested in advertising your business at the park? FIND OUT HOW HERE!
SIGN UP FOR TEXT ALERTS! CLICK HERE! Stay up to date with game cancellations, postponements, schedule changes, and athletic department updates.
To see individual sport schedules, please CLICK HERE.