Athletics Registration and Information
Shelbyville / Shelby County Parks and Recreation Athletics!
Youth and Adult Sports!
Thank you for your interest in registering for athletic programs at Shelbyville / Shelby County Parks! We provide a fun, safe and family friendly competitive learning experience for our players, coaches and families. Encouraging community involvement, promoting good sportsmanship and instilling a sense of pride of the park system. We have many different sports for your children and we have sports for adults too including:
- Youth Little League Baseball
- Softball (Adult and Youth)
- Basketball (Adult and Youth)
- Youth Football
- Youth Soccer
- Futsal (Indoor Youth Soccer)
- Volleyball (Adult and Youth)
- Spring Kickball (Adult and Youth)
Current Youth & Adult Sports Open Registration:
Adult Coed Volleyball Winter League 2019 sign-ups are going on now. The fee per team is $275. Each team must roster at least two females. Please call Geralyn at 502-633-5059 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your team.
Spring 2019 Youth Soccer sign-ups begin January 2, 2019 and end February 24, 2019. REGISTER ONLINE HERE.
Ages are: Pee Wee 4-6, U8 7-8, U10 9-10, U13 11-13. Child may opt to play up half season if the birth date allows. Included are jersey, shorts, socks, 8 games and a tournament for the U10 and U13 age group. Games will be played Saturdays, Sunday afternoons and some weeknights with one practice a week being held on a weeknight. The fee is $60 for Pee Wee, all other age groups are $90.
Spring is second season for soccer, players go back to the same teams they played on in the Fall season. Requests are not guaranteed. Refunds must be requested prior to uniforms being ordered.
Spring 2019 Baseball Sign-ups will begin January 2, 2019 and end March 3, 2019. REGISTER ONLINE HERE.
Instructional is 7-8 year olds (If a 6 yr old will be 7 during the regulars season they will play Instructional). Minor League is 9-10 year olds (If an 8 year old will be 9 during the regular season they will play Minor).
Major league is 11-13 year olds (If a 10 year old will be 11 during the regular season they will play Major).
Included are jersey, hat, 12 games and an in Park tournament for Instructional, Minor and Major Leagues. The fee is $90 for all age groups.
All baseball players participate in a skills evaluation for their age group and all teams are put together by draft as we are sanctioned with Little League International.
Junior League 12-14 and Senior League 13-16 will be offered if there are enough participants. These age groups will play Inter League games and travel to Little League sanctioned destinations.
T-Ball sign-ups begin March 1st and end April 21st 2019.
T-Ball ages are 3-4, this age group hits off of a tee; 5-6 this age group is coach pitch. Both age groups are considered T-Ball and play on the T-Ball field.
The fee is $60. This age group does not have a tournament.
Other ways to register below…
Sport Registration Timeline:
Spring / Summer Sports:
- Youth Baseball and Softball: Registration information released in January/February each year.
- T-Ball: Registration information released February/March each yer.
- Youth Soccer: Registration Information released in January/February each year.
- Youth Volleyball: Registration Information released in February/March each year.
Fall / Winter Sports:
- Youth Soccer: Registration Information release in July/August each year.
- Youth Basketball: Registration Information released in September each year.
- Youth Football: Registration Information released in May/June each year.
- Youth Volleyball: Registration Information released in September/October each year.
- Youth Futsal (Indoor Soccer): Registration Information released in September/October each year.
ADDITIONAL WAYS TO REGISTER:
1) You can download and print a Youth Sports Application, fill out and mail, e-mail, fax in or bring to us in person with payment.
2) Fill the Youth Sports Application out and submit online. Then you will be contacted for payment over the phone.
3) You can visit the FAC at 717 Burks Branch Road, Shelbyville, KY, pick up an application and turn in to the front desk at the FAC with payment.
4) You can call us at 502-633-5059 or e-mail email@example.com, and we will mail, fax or e-mail you an application.
NOTE: If registration is received after deadline date, a late fee could be charged as additional costs are associated with last minute season prep including uniforms, admin costs, etc. Refunds full and partial will not be guaranteed after registration is submitted.
If you need assistance and/or choose to download an application, you can contact and mail, drop off, e-mail or fax application to:
Attn: Geralyn Groves, Athletics Secretary
717 Burks Branch Road
Shelbyville, KY 40065
Interested in partnering with the park to support your business and
Shelby County youth? FIND OUT HOW HERE!
Interested in advertising your business at the park? FIND OUT HOW HERE!
SIGN UP FOR TEXT ALERTS! CLICK HERE! Stay up to date with game cancellations, postponements, schedule changes, and athletic department updates.
To see individual sport schedules, please CLICK HERE.