Athletics Registration and Information
Shelbyville / Shelby County Parks and Recreation Athletics!
Youth and Adult Sports!
Thank you for your interest in registering for athletic programs at Shelbyville / Shelby County Parks! We provide a fun, safe and family friendly competitive learning experience for our players, coaches and families. Encouraging community involvement, promoting good sportsmanship and instilling a sense of pride of the park system. We have many different sports for your children and we have sports for adults too including:
- Youth Little League Baseball
- Softball (Adult and Youth)
- Basketball (Adult and Youth)
- Youth Football
- Youth Soccer
- Futsal (Indoor Youth Soccer)
- Volleyball (Adult and Youth)
- Spring Kickball (Adult and Youth)
Current Youth & Adult Sports Open Registration:.
ADULT COED VOLLEYBALL Sign-ups are going on now!! Games will begin on January 21, 2020. The fee is $275 per team.
Sign-ups begin January 1, 2020. The deadline is Sunday, February 23, 2020.
Pee Wee Soccer is for ages 4-6, the fee is $60. Player and coach’s requests taken for Pee Wee age group ONLY AND ARE NOT GUARANTEED.
U8 is for ages 6-8.
U10 is for ages 8-10.
U13 is for 10 year old’s that will turn 11 during the season up to 13 year old’s. The fee for these age groups is $90 which includes jersey, shorts, socks and a tournament.
U8 age group will have an evaluation. Teams will be put together based on evaluation of talent and age by the Athletic and Assistant Athletic Director. Siblings will always go together if they are age appropriate to their leagues.This age group will have a tournament this season and trophies will only be given to first place and runner-up teams.
U10 and U13 will have an evaluation and draft to put the teams together.
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT WE WILL NO LONGER ACCEPT PLAYER AND COACH’S REQUESTS FOR U8, U10 OR U13 AGE GROUPS.
Sign-ups begin January 1st and end March 1, 2020
T-Ball ages are 3-4, this age group hits off of a tee; 5-6 this age group is coach pitch. Both age groups are considered T-Ball and play on the T-Ball field. T-Ball season will begin in April, the same time as the other baseball leagues. The fee is $60. There will be two games a night until school is out then three games a night will be played. Player and Coaches requests will be considered but not guaranteed
WE ARE LITTLE LEAGUE SANCTIONED
Sign-ups will begin January 2, 2019 and end March 1, 2020
Instructional is 7-8 year olds (If a 6 yr old will be 7 during the regulars season they will play Instructional)
Minor League is 9-10 year olds (If a 10 year old will be 11 during the regular season they will play Major )
Major league is 11-13 year olds (If we have have 14 year old players the League will be Intermediate and they will play 50/70).
Included are jersey, hat, 12 games and a tournament for Instructional, Minor and Major Leagues. The fee for these age groups is $90.
Junior League 12-14 and Senior League 13-16 will be offered if there are enough participants. These age groups will play Inter League games and travel to Little League sanctioned destinations.
All Instructional, Minor and Major League teams are put together by a Draft and there will be a skills evaluation for each age group.
Other ways to register below…
Sport Registration Timeline:
Spring / Summer Sports:
- Youth Baseball and Softball: Registration information released in January/February each year.
- T-Ball: Registration information released February/March each yer.
- Youth Soccer: Registration Information released in January/February each year.
- Youth Volleyball: Registration Information released in February/March each year.
Fall / Winter Sports:
- Youth Soccer: Registration Information release in July/August each year.
- Youth Basketball: Registration Information released in September each year.
- Youth Football: Registration Information released in May/June each year.
- Youth Volleyball: Registration Information released in September/October each year.
- Youth Futsal (Indoor Soccer): Registration Information released in September/October each year.
ADDITIONAL WAYS TO REGISTER:
1) You can download and print a Youth Sports Application, fill out and mail, e-mail, fax in or bring to us in person with payment.
2) Fill the Youth Sports Application out and submit online.
3) You can visit the FAC at 717 Burks Branch Road, Shelbyville, KY, pick up an application and turn in to the front desk at the FAC with payment.
4) You can call us at 502-633-5059 or e-mail email@example.com, and we will mail, fax or e-mail you an application.
NOTE: If registration is received after deadline date, a late fee could be charged as additional costs are associated with last minute season prep including uniforms, admin costs, etc. Refunds full and partial will not be guaranteed after registration is submitted.
If you need assistance and/or choose to download an application, you can contact and mail, drop off, e-mail or fax application to:
Attn: Geralyn Groves, Athletics Secretary
717 Burks Branch Road
Shelbyville, KY 40065
Interested in partnering with the park to support your business and
Shelby County youth? FIND OUT HOW HERE!
Interested in advertising your business at the park? FIND OUT HOW HERE!
SIGN UP FOR TEXT ALERTS! CLICK HERE! Stay up to date with game cancellations, postponements, schedule changes, and athletic department updates.
To see individual sport schedules, please CLICK HERE.