Waiver of Liability
WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND TERMS OF PARTICIPATION:
- I understand that participation in park activities are potentially dangerous and that I or members of my party could be seriously injured or killed while participating. Injuries that could occur include but are not limited to: paralysis, brain injury and broken bones. Recognizing the inherent risks associated with participating in the above noted program and still desiring myself or my party to participate, I hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Shelby County Parks Foundation, the Shelbyville/Shelby County Parks and Recreation Department, Shelby County Fiscal Court, City of Shelbyville, and the members, employees and all individuals responsible for the conduct of activities involving myself or my party for claims including, but not limited to claims of personal injury, hospitalization, etc. I also understand that the parks foundation and Parks & Recreation department strongly recommends that each participant have medical approval before participating in any event, sport, or fitness related program, and that I must inform the event managers of any medical condition that may require special attention or treatment.
- I warrant that myself and members of my party are privately insured with a medical insurance policy.
- Registration Fees and Online Transaction Fees: I understand that registration fees must accompany this application in order for it to be processed. And that there are PayPal online transaction fees which are as follows: They are as follows: $2.00. PayPal charges 2.9% +.30 cents for each transaction to the Parks Foundation. Any questions concerning fees, please contact the parks department at 502-633-5059.
- I understand and give permission for the Parks and Recreation Department or local media to photograph or record myself or members of my party of me during participation in Parks department sponsored activities and to utilize them in advertising and/or promotion both in print and on the Department’s website and social media. If so desired not to be photographed or video taped, notification must be given to event organizers.
- In the event of an emergency, I give my permission for a representative of the Parks & Recreation Department and/or ambulance service to provide treatment as is normal and prudent and to transport myself or members of my party to the nearest medical facility to render treatment.