Waiver of Liability and Terms of Participation:
- I understand that some Park related activities are dangerous and that me or members of my party could be killed or seriously injured while participating. Injuries that could occur include, but are not limited to: drowning, paralysis, brain injury and broken bones. Recognizing the inherent risks associated with participating in the above noted program and still desiring to participate, I hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Shelbyville-Shelby County Parks and Recreation Board, Shelby County Fiscal Court, the City of Shelbyville, and the members, employees and all individuals responsible for the conduct of activities involving members of my party and myself for claims including, but not limited to claims of personal injury, hospitalization, etc. I also understand that the Parks and Recreation Department strongly recommends that each participant have medical approval before participating in any sport, aquatic, or fitness related program, and that I must inform the Department of any medical condition that may require special attention or treatment.
- I warrant that members of my party and myself are privately insured with a medical insurance policy. I understand the Shelbyville – Shelby County Parks and Recreation Department provides minimal insurance coverage, in certain programs only, that provides coverage once my present insurance is expanded. This coverage is on the participant during sport or activity participation only and does not provide coverage during transportation to and from the event.
- I understand that registration fees must accompany this application in order for it to be processed. (Please make checks payable to Shelby County Parks. (If you have any questions concerning fees, please contact the department at 633-5059.) I understand that the Department will not issue refunds unless there is a medical reason that the participant cannot participate in such case a doctor’s statement must be received within 10 business days of seeking treatment stating why the individual cannot participate.
- I understand that applicable PayPal online transaction fee’s are included in the prices for online registrations only. They are as follows: .50 per participant.
- I understand that anyone ages 16-17 years of age must have parental or guardian permission to participate in event. Ages 15 and under must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older.
- I understand and give permission for the Parks and Recreation Department or local media to photograph or video me and or members of my party during participation in Parks and Recreation Department sponsored activities and to utilize them in advertising and/or promotion both in print, social media and on the Department’s website.
Cancellation / Postponement / Refund Policy:
- I understand that due to unforeseen circumstances such as weather, lack of rain, flooding, or other natural factors the event may be altered, postponed, or cancelled. Event will go on rain or shine, however if heavy thunderstorms with lightning are present and/or heavy flooding, the threat of severe weather is forecasted, or other natural events, the event could be postponed or cancelled. In the event the parks department makes the decision to cancel the event, full refunds will be issued or a credit will be given to a future event. If participant(s) decides to cancel, refunds will not be issued after Friday, June 16th at 12 PM with the exception of a proven medical emergency.