Participant Release – Louisville Youth Football League – Youth Football and Cheer
By signing and agreeing to this online registration, you solemnly swear that I am the Parent or legal guardian of child listed on registration form and that the named player/cheerleader was born on birth date provided on registration form. I understand that it is a misdemeanor for me to swear falsely and any such action will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. I understand that the safety of the participant is the first importance to Louisville Youth Football League and its Cheerleading programs. I understand that in spite of all reasonable precautions, injuries can occur. Football is a collision sport and even the best equipment and training will sometimes not prevent an injury due to the many random factors involved in contact. I also understand that cheerleading has its risks as well. The law requires that parental permission be obtained for operative procedures on minors. I give permission for such transportation, diagnostic, therapeutic and operative procedures and transportation as many are deemed necessary for the participant. I give permission for the said child to participate in the Louisville Youth Football League and its cheer programs. In no way shall I hold LYFL, its agents, clusters, employees, referees, coaches and any other persons participating in said league liable for any injury or losses to myself or child while participating in this league and its programs. I fully understand that I am totally financially responsible for any and all equipment issued by LYFL clusters and its Cheerleading programs and return same promptly upon requested by these Youth Football organizations and Cheerleading programs.
Shelbyville / Shelby County Parks: YOUTH SPORTS WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND TERMS OF PARTICIPATION:
- I understand that baseball, softball, football, basketball, volleyball, soccer and other sports, camps, fitness and aquatic programs are dangerous and that I or my child could be killed or seriously injured while participating. Injuries that could occur include but are not limited to: paralysis, brain injury, sprains and broken bones. I understand that if my child is participating in a youth sports program that he/she will be coached by volunteer coaches who will not be full-time. Recognizing the inherent risks associated with participating in the above noted program and still desiring myself or my child to participate, I hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Shelbyville/Shelby County Parks and Recreation Department, Shelby County Fiscal Court, City of Shelbyville, and the members, employees and all individuals responsible for the conduct of activities involving myself or my child(ren) for claims including, but not limited to claims of personal injury, hospitalization, etc. I also understand that the Parks & Recreation department strongly recommends that each participant have medical approval before participating in any sport, aquatic, or fitness related program, and that I must inform the Department of any medical condition that may require special attention or treatment.
- I warrant that my child(ren) or I are privately insured with a medical insurance policy. I understand the Shelbyville/Shelby County Parks and Recreation Department provides minimal insurance coverage, in certain programs only, that provides coverage once my present insurance is expanded. This coverage is on the participant during sport or activity participation only and does not provide coverage during transportation to and from the event.
- Registration Fees, Online Transaction Fees and Refund Policy: I understand that registration fees must accompany this application in order for it to be processed. And that there are PayPal online transaction fees which are as follows: Any sport $40.00 through $60.00 has a $2.00 transaction fee and any sport $80.00 through $90.00 has a transaction fee of $3.00. These fees cover PayPal fees charged to Shelbyville / Shelby County Parks and Recreation for each transaction. PayPal charges 2.9% +.30 cents on each transaction. Any questions concerning fees, please contact the athletic department at 502-633-5059. I understand that the Department will not issue refunds after leagues have been drafted unless there is a medical reason that my child or I cannot participate. I understand that in non-competitive leagues or other programs, refunds must be requested in writing 5 business days prior to the program’s start date. In the case of injury or illness where my child or I cannot participate, a doctor’s statement must be received within 10 business days of seeking treatment stating why the individual cannot participate.
- Photo and Social Media Policy: I understand and give permission for the Parks and Recreation Department or local media to photograph or record my child or me during participation in Parks and Recreation Department sponsored activities and to utilize them in advertising and/or promotion both in print and on the Department’s website and social media. If desired to not be photographed or filmed, written notice must be given to the Athletics Department.
- In the event of an emergency, I give my permission for a representative of the Recreation Department and/or ambulance service to provide treatment as is normal and prudent and to transport my child or myself to the nearest medical facility to render treatment.