C3 Summer Camp Waiver of Liability and Terms and Conditions
- I understand participating in summer camp and aquatic programs are dangerous and that my child could be seriously injured or killed while participating. Injuries that could occur include but are not limited to: paralysis, brain injury, sprains, strains and broken bones. Recognizing the inherent risks associated with participating in the above noted program and still desiring myself or my child to participate, I hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Shelbyville/Shelby County Parks and Recreation Department, Shelby County Fiscal Court, City of Shelbyville, and the members, employees and all individuals responsible for the conduct of activities involving myself or my child(ren) for claims including, but not limited to claims of personal injury, hospitalization, etc. I also understand that the Parks & Recreation department strongly recommends that each participant have medical approval before participating in any sport, aquatic, or fitness related program, and that I must inform the Department of any medical condition that may require special attention or treatment.
- I warrant that my child(ren) or I are privately insured with a medical insurance policy. I understand the Shelbyville/Shelby County Parks and Recreation Department provides minimal insurance coverage, in certain programs only, that provides coverage once my present insurance is expanded. This coverage is on the participant during sport or activity participation only and does not provide coverage during transportation to and from the event.
- Registration Fees and Online Transaction Fees: I understand that registration fees must accompany this application in order for it to be processed. And that there are PayPal online transaction fees which are as follows: $4.00 per weekly charge and $2.o0 per summer camp extras (scuba diving) and $1.00 for golf lessons. These fees cover PayPal fees charged to Shelbyville / Shelby County Parks and Recreation for each transaction. PayPal charges 2.9% +.30 cents on each transaction. When registering in person on the paper application, the transaction fees are not charged. Any questions concerning fees, please contact the parks department at 502-633-5059.
- Refund Policy: I understand that the Parks Department will not issue refunds unless there is a medical reason that my child cannot participate. I understand that in non-competitive leagues or other programs, refunds must be requested in writing 5 business days prior to the program’s start date. In the case of injury or illness where my child cannot participate, a doctor’s statement must be received within 10 business days of seeking treatment stating why the individual cannot participate.
- I understand and give permission for the Parks and Recreation Department or local media to photograph or record my child or me during participation in Parks and Recreation Department sponsored activities and to utilize them in advertising and/or promotion both in print and on the Department’s website and social media. If desired to not be photographed or on video, a written request must be made to the program director.
- In the event of an emergency, I give my permission for a representative of the Recreation Department and/or ambulance service to provide treatment as is normal and prudent and to transport my child or myself to the nearest medical facility to render treatment.