After School Camp – C3 Camps
C3 After School Youth Camp
FULL INFORMATION: C3 school packet
C3 Camps Calender 18-19
Camp Director: Jeff Ware, 502-633-5059 Jware@shelbycountyparks.com.
Trained counselors are on staff as well as a security camera system for the security of your children. Every parent, guardian, or caretaker will be ID’d when picking up their children. Transportation is provided for students that attend Clear Creek Elementary, Wright Elementary, Heritage Elementary, Southside Elementary, Painted Stone Elementary and Simpsonville Elementary.
PROVIDE US FEEDBACK: If you are a current or past customer of the C3 After School Program, please take part in this brief survey (link below) to help us improve our program and better serve you! Thank you…
- You can register ONLINE HERE. (Note: registering online requires a small online transaction fee after registering)
- Download aC3 school packet, fill out application form, and bring to the FAC at 717 Burks Branch Road, Shelbyville, KY.
- Come into the FAC, pick up an application, fill out and return to the FAC with payment.
- Contact Jeff Ware, Program Director, at JWare@shelbycountyparks.com. and request an application form be e-mailed or faxed.
Terms of Participation:
1) Camp payments are due by 12:00 pm on Thursday of the week prior to enrollment. Your payment reserves your campers spot in the camp each week. Failure to make payment by the weekly deadline will result in loss of enrollment until fees are paid in full. We ask that you please stay up to date on your payments per Shelby County Parks Board accounting policies and city/state auditing regulations. Parents or guardians and child’s school will be notified to make other arrangements for child pick-up at school.
2) All payments must be made at the front desk of the Family Activity Center. No payment will be accepted from child or in child’s backpack.
3) In the event of a returned check, parents/guardians must pay the amount plus a $15 returned check fee. Failure to do so in the allotted time will result in suspension of childcare.
4) If a school holiday or professional development day falls during the week, cost does not change.
5) If FAC is closed due to weather, will follow above fee schedule. For example: FAC is closed one day due to snow or other bad weather, the charge is still $50 Non-Member and $40 Member. If its closed two days, cost would follow the 3 days or less format of $35 Non-Member and $25 Member. If schools are closed for an entire week there will be no charge for after school care.
6) If changing enrollment status (enrolling, changing from 4-5 days to 3 days or less or vice versa), two weeks written notice must be given.
Waiver of Liability and Terms of Participation:
- I understand participating in the C3 after school camp program and aquatic programs are dangerous and that my child could be seriously injured or killed while participating. Injuries that could occur include but are not limited to: Cuts, scrapes, broken bones, paralysis, and brain injury. Recognizing the inherent risks associated with participating in the above noted program and still desiring myself or my child to participate, I hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Shelbyville/Shelby County Parks and Recreation Department, Shelby County Fiscal Court, City of Shelbyville, and the members, employees and all individuals responsible for the conduct of activities involving myself or my child(ren) for claims including, but not limited to claims of personal injury, hospitalization, etc. I also understand that the Parks & Recreation department strongly recommends that each participant have medical approval before participating in any camp, sport, aquatic, or fitness related program, and that it is highly recommended to inform the Department of any medical condition that may require special attention or treatment. I also understand that the staff of Shelby County Parks and Recreation will not tolerate and will take steps to minimize and/or eliminate any of the following but not limited to: bullying, hazing, inappropriate actions or sexual misconduct, inappropriate language, fighting or other misconduct deemed to be offensive to other campers but cannot guarantee the complete absence of the mentioned actions. If your child(ren) is found to be involved in any of the above conduct or other conduct, expulsion from program or other corrective actions may be taken.
- I warrant that my child(ren) or I are privately insured with a medical insurance policy. I understand the Shelbyville/Shelby County Parks and Recreation Department provides minimal insurance coverage, in certain programs only, that provides coverage once my present insurance is expanded. This coverage is on the participant during sport or activity participation only and does not provide coverage during transportation to and from the event.
- Registration/Enrollment Fees: I understand that payments are due by 12 noon on Thursday the week prior to enrollment. And I understand that if full payment is not received and account is not current, that your child’s enrollment will not be held and your child will not be picked up from an Shelby County elementary school. Parents or guardians as well as the child’s school will be notified and you will need to make different arrangements for child pick-up at school.
- Online Transaction Fees: I understand that registration fees must accompany this application in order for it to be processed. And that there are PayPal online transaction fees which are as follows: $2.00 per weekly charge that are non-refundable. These fees cover PayPal fees charged to Shelbyville / Shelby County Parks and Recreation for each transaction. PayPal charges 2.9% +.30 cents on each transaction. When registering in person on the paper application, the transaction fees are not charged. Any questions concerning fees, please contact the parks department at 502-633-5059.
- Refund Policy: I understand that the Parks Department will not issue refunds unless there is a medical reason that my child cannot participate. I understand that in non-competitive leagues or other programs, refunds must be requested in writing 5 business days prior to the program’s start date. In the case of injury or illness where my child cannot participate, a doctor’s statement must be received within 10 business days of seeking treatment stating why the individual cannot participate.
- I understand and give permission for the Parks and Recreation Department or local media to photograph or record my child or me during participation in Parks and Recreation Department sponsored activities and to utilize them in advertising and/or promotion both in print and on the Department’s website and social media. If desired to not be photographed or on video, a written request must be made to the program director.
- In the event of an emergency, I give my permission for a representative of the Recreation Department and/or ambulance service to provide treatment as is normal and prudent and to transport my child or myself to the nearest medical facility to render treatment.