Clear Creek Camps (C3)
On this page you will find full information on youth after school program, summer camp, and holiday / snow day camps.
C3 Summer Camp
C3 Summer Camp 2017 Registration is now open! See summer camp information here:
PDF: C3 Summer Camp Packet 2017
PDF: Supplementary / Additional Child Registration Form (use this form only after full summer camp packet 2017 has been completed)
How to Register:
1. Register ONLINE HERE. C3 Summer Camp Supplemental / Additional Child Registration Online Form
2. Download C3 Summer Camp Packet 2017, print, and bring into the FAC with payment.
3. Contact Jeff Ware, the Park Program Director, at 502-633-5059 or e-mail JWare@shelbycountyparks.com. A form can be mailed, e-mailed, or faxed to you.
4. Stop by the FAC at 717 Burks Branch Road, Shelbyville, KY 40065. Ask for a summer packet and fill out an application form, fill out all track cards and make your payment.
COST: C3 Summer Day Camp rates are $130 per camper per week. All weeks must be paid in full at the time of registration. In the event that you are unsure if you will be attending a certain week or weeks later in the summer or would like to break up your payments for additional weeks or pay week by week, we have provided a supplemental signup form that you can use if you need to additional weeks or wish to pay week by week. Payments are non refundable unless there is an emergency, to ensure that your camper has a guaranteed spot at C3 Summer Camp. Specialty tracks such as Golf, Horseback Riding and Scuba Diving have additional fees and restrictions. Additional fees: Horseback Riding :$50 Scuba Diving:$50 Golf: $20
QUESTIONS? Contact Jeff Ware, the Park Program Director, at 502-633-5059 or e-mail JWare@shelbycountyparks.com.
The perfect solution to those days when school is not in session during the school year. This camp requires no pre-registration. All registration is handled the morning of camp.
Your child will need the following items:
LUNCH & DRINK, snack is provided in the afternoon
The FEE for the day:$20 per child
The HOURS for the day: 7:30a – 6p
C3 After School
Trained counselors are on staff as well as a security camera system for the security of your children. Every parent, guardian, or caretaker will be ID’d when picking up their children. Transportation is provided for students that attend Clear Creek Elementary, Wright Elementary, Heritage Elementary, Southside Elementary, Painted Stone Elementary and Simpsonville Elementary.
Registration for the 2016-2017 school year will begin July 15th.
Fee schedule for 2016-2017 After School Camp:
$50 per week Non-FAC members for 4-5 days
$40 per week FAC members for 4-5 days
$35 per week Non-FAC members for 3 or less days
$25 per week FAC members for 3 or less days
Terms of Participation:
1) Payment is due no later than Tuesday at close of business of each week. First weeks payment is required prior to allowing child to start program. Failure to pay will result in discontinuation of care. Children with outstanding balances cannot attend until balance is paid in full.
2) In the event of a returned check, parents/guardians must pay the amount plus a $15 returned check fee. Failure to do so in the allotted time will result in suspension of childcare.
3) If a school holiday or professional development day falls during the week, cost does not change.
4) If FAC is closed due to weather, will follow above fee schedule. For example: FAC is closed one day due to snow or other bad weather, the charge is still $50 Non-Member and $40 Member. If its closed two days, cost would follow the 3 days or less format of $35 Non-Member and $25 Member. If schools are closed for an entire week there will be no charge for after school care.
5) If changing enrollment status (unenrolling, changing from 4-5 days to 3 days or less or vice versa), two weeks written notice must be given.
Waiver of Liability and Terms of Participation:
1. I understand that some after school program/holiday camp activities are dangerous and that my child could be killed or seriously injured while participating. Injuries that could occur include, but are not limited to: paralysis, brain injury and broken bones. Recognizing the inherent risks associated with participating in the above noted program and still desiring my child to participate, I hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Shelbyville-Shelby County Parks and Recreation Department, Shelby County Fiscal Court, the City of Shelbyville, and the members, employees and all individuals responsible for the conduct of activities involving my child for claims including, but not limited to claims of personal injury, hospitalization, etc. I also understand that the Parks and Recreation Department strongly recommends that each participant have medical approval before participating in any sport, aquatic, or fitness related program, and that I must inform the Department of any medical condition that may require special attention or treatment.
2. I warrant that my child/children or I are privately insured with a medical insurance policy. I understand the Shelbyville – Shelby County Parks and Recreation Department provides minimal insurance coverage, in certain programs only, that provides coverage once my present insurance is expanded. This coverage is on the participant during sport or activity participation only and does not provide coverage during transportation to and from the event.
3. I understand that I am responsible for all fees incurred for the after school program or holiday camp during the time of my child’s enrollment. (Please make checks payable to Shelby County Parks. (If you have any questions concerning fees, please contact the department at 633-5059.) I understand a written notice must be submitted to discontinue my child’s enrollment, otherwise fees will be billed until the written notice is submitted. I understand that the Department will not issue refunds unless there is a medical reason that my child cannot participate in such case a doctor’s statement must be received within 10 business days of seeking treatment stating why the individual cannot participate.
4. I understand and give permission for the Parks and Recreation Department or local media to photograph or video tape my child or me during participation in Parks and Recreation Department sponsored activities and to utilize them in advertising and/or promotion both in print and on the Department’s website.
5. I understand that it is my responsibility to let the FAC staff know of any changes in my residence, phone numbers or emergency contact if these should occur. I have read and understand the parent handbook regarding policies for the FAC After School Camp.